Biannual Grants Program
The Fall 2013 Grant Application Deadline is Tuesday, October 15 at 5:00 pm.
An Information Workshop will be held approximately 3 weeks before the deadline at the AFCC office in Centerville. First time applicants are strongly urged to attend this workshop. Please call 508-362-0066 to reserve a space.
AFCC Grant Guidelines
The AFCC Grant Program provides cash awards in support of the artistic and cultural activities of local Cape Cod artists and organizations for Cape Cod-based projects. Grant projects should support the broadest goals of the Arts Foundation by supporting a strong, stable, and diverse arts and culture industry on Cape Cod, and contributing to the quality of life and economic vitality of the region.
Preference is given to proposals that would enhance the arts education of learners of all ages on Cape Cod, and to collaborative efforts within the arts community. The AFCC does not award grants for general operating expenses. The Board of Directors will consider a limited number of awards up to $5,000, but because the AFCC is interested in supporting as many worthwhile endeavors as possible, grant size is generally limited to within a range of $500 to $2,500.
The grants program is administered by a Grants Review Committee, composed of members of the Board of Directors and of the community. The Grants Review Committee meets twice a year to review proposals and make recommendations to the Board of Directors. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. The Grants Review Committee consider the proposals during the month following the deadline.
The recommendations of the Committee will be presented to the Board of Directors at its next scheduled board meeting and distributed expeditiously thereafter. Do not apply for any project that falls within 6 weeks of the grant deadline. We can not fund projects that occur before the grant deadline or during the review process. An entity will not be funded by the AFCC in consecutive grant cycles, including when serving as a fiscal agent for another project. Applicants may only submit one proposal per cycle – multiple proposals from the same organization in the same cycle will not be accepted. Grants from the AFCC for capital expenditures are rare and requests for this type of support must demonstrate significant need and impact to the greater community.
WHO MAY APPLY
The Arts Foundation of Cape Cod supports the arts and cultural activities of individuals, and nonprofit organizations and groups.
- Appropriateness to the mission of the Arts Foundation of Cape Cod
- Potential benefit to the cultural environment, and Cape Cod citizens
- Addresses unmet needs or areas of concern which have not yet been explored
- Stabilizing effect for on-going programs of unique and demonstrated value to the community
- Demonstrated need for the funds of AFCC
- Preference is given to collaborative efforts fostering arts education
- Clarity of goals and objectives of the proposed program
- Strength and creativity of plans for achieving objectives and evaluating results
- Strength of public outreach/publicity plans
- Track record of applicant organization, including staff qualifications
- Reasonable budget projections, evidence of financial need and other sources of support
- Potential for successful collaborative efforts and monetary or in-kind commitments from other sources
- Potential to stimulate activities of a continuing nature or to serve as a model for other efforts
All organizations or groups are required to provide proof of 501(c)(3) nonprofit status by the IRS. For individuals, the method of disbursement of funds will be negotiated on a case by case basis.
- The Grant cycle is the fiscal year of October 1st through September 30th. All funds awarded should be expended and all projects completed, within this fiscal year. If circumstances arise making it impossible to complete the project, the grantee is required to notify AFCC in writing and secure express authorization to extend this deadline. All grantees are required to submit a final report on or before September 30 documenting successful completion of the project, and fulfillment of all conditions. Future eligibility for funding will depend on the timely submission of the required final report.
RECOGNITION OF THE AFCC
Grant recipients are required to credit the Arts Foundation of Cape Cod in all publicity materials throughout the grant cycle according to specifications distributed to all grant recipients and to submit evidence of compliance with this condition in the final report.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover sheet in the format provided and a narrative proposal which includes the information specifically set forth below along with the attachments requested. The AFCC will also accept the AGM Common Proposal Format, if used by your organization. Please be focused and concise in your narrative; think strategically about how to present your project. Your proposal should not exceed two typewritten pages, excluding the attachments. The Committee may request additional information or clarification before making a recommendation.
Please provide one (1) original, with required attachments, and sixteen (16) copies of the cover sheet, narrative proposal and line item project budget only.
Below are final report forms, in PDF and Word formats, for those who have received a grant in the past grant cycle and need to complete the final paperwork.