Streaming from the Arts Foundation of Cape Cod
Thursday, August 6th at 6 PM, ET
For the past 35 years, the AFCC has selected a local artist to create a piece of artwork that epitomizes the beauty, joy, and community that the annual Pops by the Sea concert brings to Cape Cod each summer.
This year, the Citizens Bank Pops by the Sea Commemorative Artwork, A Symphony, by Cynthia Packard, will be auctioned live on August 6th. The auction will also include work by many of our past Pops by the Sea artists to raise funds that support the AFCC’s mission to build and strengthen arts and culture on Cape Cod.
How does the Live Virtual Auction work?
It’s important to register early!
- Click here to register on Bidsquare AND our auction. Registering in advance of the auction will ensure your information is set-up accurately and you’ll be ready to bid in time for the live auction on August 6th. Please do not wait until the day of the auction to register.
- The live virtual auction will be hosted by our auctioneer, in real time, at the AFCC’s office. As a pre-registered Bidsquare bidder, you can participate remotely and be a part of the action via the internet, you can also submit an absentee bid ahead of time, or make arrangements to be a phone bidder. Please click here to request absentee or phone bidding arrangements.
- New to virtual live bidding? Click here for a short video to see how it works!
What if I win?
Winning bidders will be notified by email and receive an invoice that will require your payment for the item(s). Your item(s) will be either delivered by the AFCC if you are on Cape Cod or shipped directly to you (shipping is paid for by the winner). Please see below about delivery information. The winning bidder will also be charged a Buyer’s Premium of 12%, information noted below.
Your Artwork Purchase
All artwork purchases must be paid for with a credit card via a link in the invoice that buyers are emailed at the close of the Auction. Please note that shipping or delivery arrangements will not be made until artwork invoices have been paid in full.
A buyer’s premium equal to 12% of the winning bid will be applied to each lot sold and will be paid by the buyer in addition to the winning bid purchase price. This premium helps to offset the administrative costs of running the AFCC auction in order to ensure the funds raised through artwork sales go directly to supporting the mission of the AFCC. A buyer’s premium will not be applied to any pledge(s) made during the Live Auction’s Raise Your Paddle fundraising initiative. Gifts made through Raise Your Paddle are outright donations and are fully tax-deductible as allowed by law.
Artwork Delivery and Shipping
- The AFCC offers complimentary delivery to buyers on Cape Cod.
- If delivery is required off Cape, the artwork can be shipped at the buyers expense.
- Delivery of artwork will take place August 10 – August 21, 2020 unless other arrangements are made with the buyer.
- How do I get started on Bidsquare?
- An introduction to your My Bidsquare Account
- What is the difference between a Live Auction and a Timed (Silent) Auction?
- How do I bid in the LIVE Auction?
- I have plans and cannot participate in the LIVE Auction, how do I leave an absentee bid or arrange to phone in? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here for additional information or answers to FAQs