AFCC Grants 2021
Our 2021 grant application is closed. Our grants review committee is carefully reviewing over 60 grant applications. Notification of awards and non awards will be made end of December 2021. We appreciate your patience and thank you for supporting the arts!
2020 Grant Reports Due: September 15, 2021 (applies to 2020 grant recipients only)
Letter of Intent Opens: September 15, 2021 and closes October 15, 2021
2021 Grant Application by invitation only (read below): September 16, 2021 and closes October 29, 2021
Notification of Awards: mid to late December 2021
Letter of Intent (LOI)
The LOI is the first step in the Fall Grant Cycle application process. Starting in September, applicants may submit an online letter of intent providing a short yet detailed description of their funding request. If the LOI meets our funding criteria, applicants are invited to submit a full online grant application.
All LOIs are reviewed critically and responded to in a timely manner to allow applicants time to work on the grant application if they are approved to apply. In the rare case where a LOI may require small edits to the request to be considered for application, the applicant will be asked to resubmit a LOI.
The LOI will open on September 15, 2021 and closes on October 15, 2021. This is an online process only. You will be notified if your LOI has been accepted and will then receive a link to the online grant application.
LOI link opening September 15th.
The Arts Foundation of Cape Cod supports the arts and cultural activities of individuals, nonprofit organizations, and educational institutions. While the Board of Directors will consider a limited number of awards up to $5,000, grant size is generally limited to a range of $500 to $2,500.
Who we fund
- Individuals who live and work in Barnstable County
- Nonprofit organizations based in Barnstable County
- Educational institutions based in Barnstable County
Specifications: Philanthropic Criteria
We qualify and prioritize funding criteria by confirming that the project, entity, or program aligns with the AFCC’s vision: Supporting the arts on Cape Cod to fuel culture and innovation, economic growth, and involvement in the arts community.
- Innovation – Programs or projects that introduce new things and/or trying new ideas, building off of what is known to benefit the community.
- Economic Growth – Creates greater opportunities for artists on the Cape, and the mission is supportive of the arts as an economic driver in the Cape community
- Community – Expanding opportunities for arts access throughout the community while supporting cultural appreciation and inclusivity
We cannot accept any applications for projects that plan to commence within 6 weeks of the grant deadline.
- Clarity of goals and objectives of the proposed program
- Strength and creativity of plans for achieving objectives and evaluating results
- Strength of public outreach/publicity plans
- Reasonable budget projections, evidence of financial need and other sources of support
- Potential for successful collaborative efforts and monetary or in-kind commitments from other sources
- Potential to stimulate activities of a continuing nature or to serve as a model for other efforts
Here’s what you will need to prepare to apply for a grant.
- Please explain the mission of your organization
- Please describe the project or program that you are seeking to fund
- What is the community need your project is addressing?
- Amount requested
- Estimated completion date
- What Towns will be served (with a check list of all of Barnstable County)
- Number of people expected to serve
- List collaborators
- How will you measure success
- What is the time table for your program (We cannot accept any applications for projects that plan to commence within 6 weeks of the grant deadline. We cannot fund projects that occur before the grant deadline or during the review process.)
- Are you seeking additional funding from other sources, please list.
- Please complete budget template using this template: AFCC grant budget template. What is the cost of your project/program – please include all income and expenses as well as any matching funds or in-kind donations you may have acquired for this project
- Please upload organization budget.